DIGITAL TECHNIQUES & DESIGN (DTD)
The school of planning and architecture offers B.TECH (DTDP), a full time degree program in digital techniques for design and planning. It is a multi-disciplinary course, which relates to DESIGN, MULTIMEDIA, GlS and IT.
The course structure deals with design and development of the space and form of built environment. A strong foundation of multi-disciplinary enabling skills related to space, design, construction, environment, multimedia, geographical information systems and information technology are offered.
The curriculum is structured for 4-years and is divided into 8 semesters. The (1 to 7) semesters consist of full time study followed by training in professional organizations and field visits. The 8th semester consists of a full time internship & project in areas like design, multimedia, GIS and
This degree gives the students a vareity of professional options. Both public and private sector offer a range of jobs.
- Planning Sectors (Urban and Rural planning and GIS Engineers Design Industries)
- Consultants for large architecture projects, project design, graphic design, Industrial design etc,.
- Construction (Project management building designers, environmental designers, construction engineers for MEP services, etc,.
- Software Industry, development of MEP services layouts
Building Services engineers work closely with other construction professionals like architects, structural engineers and quantity surveyors. The administer commissioning for sustainable and energy Efficient buildings. Within building services new roles are emerging in the areas of renewable energy, sustainability, low carbon technologies and energy management.:
This degree gives students a broad range of professional options (India and Abroad) both in public and private sectors. Graduates can work as technical engineers in fields of
- Planning sectors (CAD and GIS Engineers, etc,.)
- Design industries (architectiral firms, product deisgn firms, graphic
design, industrial design, etc,.)
- Construction fileds (project management and building designers,
environmental designers, etc,.)
- Software industry (software development and maintenance, etc,.)
- Media (print media, electronic media an web designers, etc,.)
- Film Industry (set designers, animations and graphics, etc,.)
Students wishing to pursue further studies are eligible to apply for masters (M.Tech./MS/ Ph.D) Courses in,
- Information Technology
- GIS & Remote Sensing Engineering
- Urban Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Management
- Spatial Information Technologies
- Geo-Informatics and Surveying
- Water and Environment Technology
- Nano Technology
- Reliability Engineering
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Environmental Geometrics
- Design Engineering
- Multimedia (Animation)