BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS, SCULPTURE
The first year will have common foundation courses in the basics of art and the remaining six semesters are devoted to professional training in Sculpting. The programme concentrates on development of basic skills in drawings, color design and adequate knowledge on the History of Fine Arts and aesthetics. The Course is designed to prepare students through intense theoretical and practical training to develop their intuitive abilities.
The students acquires the understanding and experience with various mediums like Clay, Cement, Plaster, Fiber, Bronze, Ceramics and Mixed media installations. They learn the elements of figurative and non-figurative compositions for mural designs as public art. They develop competence in life study, portraiture and mural design in traditional and non-traditional media.
Students also get acquainted with various technical processes of printmaking such as Etching, Lithography and wood-cut. At the end of 4th year, students submit a single concept dissertation.
After completing the study of BFA, based on the merit in art work, the Lalit Kala Akademi, Ministry of Culture, Government of India is providing scholarships to pursue Master of Fine Arts, Research, Junior fellowships, Senior Fellowships and foreign visits. There are wide range of opportunities from International funding to pursue Higher Education in Fine Arts from Jindal Foundation, Inlkahs Foundation, Common Wealth Foundation, Charles Wallace Foundation, Japan Foundation, Kransner and Pollack Foundation, Elizabeth Green Shield Foundations, Royal Art Akademi, etc.
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Sculpture
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Painting
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Printmaking
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Art History
- Ph.D at Reputed Institutions
- M.Des at IISC, Banglore
- M.Des at United World Institute of Design (UID) at Gujarat and Abroad
- M.Des at Industrial Design Center (IDC), Mum.
- M.Des at National Institute of Design (NID)
- M.Des at National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)